I have a couple eating disorder treatment for adults training clinics lined up for 2017.
Clinics are fee-based, but I do not want money to get in the way of anyone’s recovery. Please contact me if you need a discounted price.
2-Day Clinic in Treating Adults with Eating Disorders
with Tabitha Farrar
20-21 May 2017
October 10-13 Hampshire
October 16-17 Manchester
Establishing a solid and effective treatment structure
- Understanding “functional” eating disorders
- Principles of Family-Based Treatment as applied to adults with eating disorders.
- How to work with rather than against resistant sufferers.
- Creating a recovery-centric household
- Putting together a functional treatment team.
- Meal planning.
- Meal support set up and situational troubleshooting.
- Weight restoration into Stage One Recovery.
Making an anti-eating-disorder environment into a way of family life
- Overshoot, weight distribution, and other typical recovery processes.
- Family dynamics for adult sufferers.
- How to recover around children
- Managing extended family and friends
- Continuing into Stage Two and Three Recovery — how to safely wean off meal support.
- After weight restoration: triggers and other considerations.
- Food attitudes and your family
- Relapse prevention strategy.
Attendees will also receive course materials, workbooks, planning and recovery strategy guides for all stages of recovery.
Please contact me should you want me to come and teach a training clinic in your area