It doesn’t matter how you try and skirt around it, there is one truth that exists for every restrictive eating disorder (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, EDNS etc)
Visit the AEDRA website to find out more about meal support –> https://www.adulteatingdisorderrecovery.com/
You have to treat an eating disorder with food first!
But for many of us eating is so hard! We get intense anxiety leading up to a meal. We get bombarded with eating disorder thoughts — bargaining, compromising, doubting — and threats while we are eating. We get battered with more of the same after we have finished eating. We don’t have anyone who understands really what it is like and this makes us feel alone, and crazy!
Well, now you do.
Having someone who “gets it” with us while we are eating helps to reduce the anxiety, stress and overall feelings of loneliness and helplessness. This allows us to get the vital nutrition that we need in order to make a full recovery and also gives us the strength we need to keep pushing on with every meal and every snack
Watch our video to learn more about meal support:
Benefits of Meal Support
- Decreases anxiety around eating and mealtimes
- Supports sufferers in overcoming eating disorder behaviors at mealtimes
- Increases the chance of physical recovery by reinforcing meal plan
- Potentially increases the chance of mental recovery by helping the body become nutritionally supported
- Potentially aids weight restoration in underweight sufferers
- Allows eating at regular intervals to be supported
- Provides sufferers with reassurance when mealtime fear kicks in
- Allows sufferers to be supported by someone who understands eating disorders
- Support and encouragement increases chance meal plan success
- Continues recovery path for sufferers transitioning out of inpatient treatment
- Supplements the treatment provided by a registered dietician or eating disorder therapist
- We use HIPAA compliant VSEE for all Meal Support Session