Learn the dangers associated with restricting carbohydrates and other food groups for everyone but especially people in recovery from an eating disorder.
In this podcast we discuss:
- The importance of carbohydrates as brain fuel
- The importance of carbohydrates as mood boosters
- Combating the thin ideal
- The influence of society and the normalisation of disordered eating.
- Why restricting can lead to binging
- Recovered sufferers in the field of eating disorder therapy
- The problems with lack of regulation
Caitlin Croteau is an expert in helping her clients find body freedom. She comes with a decade of experience working in the fitness industry, nutrition field, and in health coaching. She is the founder of Finding Body Freedom, an online holistic wellness practice that provides health and nutrition coaching, intuitive eating and lifestyle programs, and retreats. She has her B.S in Health Science: Nutrition, is an RD, CPT, and RYT-200 Hour. Cait is currently attending Plymouth State University for her Master’s in Health Education and Eating Disorders. Her goal is to rid the world of dieting, help her clients quit the dieting mentality and welcome in freedom to live guilt free, and to decrease the prevalence of eating disorders worldwide.
This episode was based on the Huffington Post Article by Jennifer Rolin on reasons that you do not need to restrict carbohydrates. Read it here.