Eating Disorders at Every Size — yes, a person can have an eating disorder and be underweight. But, did you know a person can have an eating disorder and be overweight too?
In this second episode with Ruth Stuart-Leach you will hear the rest of our conversation about how adult eating disorder recovery success is possible at any age.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Eating disorders in men
- The dangers associated with dieting in teenagers and younger children
- The impact that a low level of calories and calorie restriction can have on your body
- The link between obesity and dieting
- Why ice cream is the ideal recovery food
- Why your granny should be able to eat whatever the fuck she wants in her dotage
- Diet culture, fashionable eating, and why eating to maintain a social image rather than pleasure may be bad for your health.
- Diet in older age and end-of-life and why high calorie processed foods are perfectly acceptable in older people.
- The role of processed foods as a nutritional aid in eating disorder recovery
Links to eating disorder recovery resources discussed in the podcast
You can also find more information on adults with eating disorders at Tabitha’s Website: tabithafarrar.com and follow her on Twitter @Love_Fat_