In this podcast Tabitha has the pleasure of chatting with parent advocate and coach Eva Musby. We talk about:
- Nonviolent communication skills
- Exhaustion, shame, regrets, and how to deal with these normal emotions
- How kindness can heal for all parties involved
- Origins of stress for parents of people with eating disorders
- Types of stress and how eating disorder play into them
- How to really not take rebuttal, hate, and withdrawal personally
- Setting up for the long haul – as eating disorders can take years to treat
- Nurturing friendships, mindfulness, living with joy to enable you to stay in it for the long haul.
- Self compassion vs self esteem — and why you need both!
- Why you need to take time out – and how to do it!
- Action! How taking action can relieve stress for parents and caregiver.
- The importance of getting support
Eva Musby: www.evamusby.co.uk
Support that Eva Musby offers parents: http://evamusby.co.uk
Videos offering practical and emotional tools:
Twitter is @evamusby
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
Laura Collins’ resources about parents not causing eating disorders:
Kristin Neff’s TED talk “The space between self-esteem and self-compassion” https://www.y
Please follow and like me :):