In this podcast Tabitha Farrar talks to pediatrician Julie O’Toole. We discuss:
- Progression of the Kartini Clinic – Kartini Clinic is an internationally recognized pediatric eating disorder treatment program for boys and girls.
- Strength of outpatient setting for treating eating disorders in both children and adults.
- Importance of empowering parents to help continue treatment in the home
- Steep stepdown of IP to OP and how this can be overcome
- What the process of putting a child into a higher level of care looks like from the intake form onwards
- How attitudes towards eating disorders have changed over the last couple of decades
- The importance of a food-first approach for weight restoration
Kartiniclinic.com –> Kartnini Blog
JULIE O’TOOLE, MD, MPH CEDS
Dr. Julie O’Toole is founder and Chief Medical Officer of Kartini Clinic. Dr. O’Toole is a board certified pediatrician and has been in private pediatric practice for more than two decades.
We want your feedback on these podcasts!
Please take a second to fill out this survey with feedback so we can make these podcasts even better:
Subscribe to these podcasts in iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/eating-disorder-recovery-podcast/id1138563928?mt=2
Adults in recovery community Slack Group: http://tabithafarrar.com/slack-forum/
Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/EDMealSupport/