In this episode you will hear how adult eating disorder recovery success is possible no matter how long the sufferer has had an eating disorder. In my conversation with adult sufferer and Eating Disorder advocate Ruth Stuart-Leach. Ruth tells us how began her eating disorder recovery journey as an adult in her 50s and is now enjoying full recovery.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Eating disordered behaviour in families — we discuss the importance of family eating practices and recognising when the entire family has normalised a disordered eating regime such as fasting.
- Importance of eating disorder forums and online resources for adults who are going through the recovery process.
- Recognizing entrenched eating disorder behaviours in oneself and others
- Men with eating disorders and how they often hide behind societies perception that eating disorders are a disease that affects women only
- How eating disorders disguise themselves as rational behaviours and societal norms.
- Letting go of obsessive control over food.
- The way that the human brain responds to a calorie deficit.
Links to eating disorder recovery resources discussed in the podcast
You can also find more information on adults with eating disorders at Tabitha’s Website: tabithafarrar.com and follow her on Twitter @Love_Fat_