One the years I have answered hundreds if not thousands of emails asking me for advice on recovery.
This Adults with Eating Disorders Recovery Kit outlines the strategies that I used in order to recover from Anorexia. It is not supposed to be an alternative to professional treatment, but an addition to your own recovery toolkit.
I include exercises, protocols, and practices that helped me reach and sustain my full recovery from Anorexia including information on:
- Meal Planning through the Stages of Recovery
- Finding and working with an ED Check Person
- How to use this plan alongside inpatient treatment
- How to avoid relapse in years to come
- How to work with family and friends
- How to recognize all the weird ED shit that you do and stop doing it!
- And a hell of a lot more …
This recovery kit is FREE TO DOWNLOAD
[easy_media_download url=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/tabithafarrar.compdfs/RecoveryKit.pdf” color=”blue_two”]
Just a reminder on what recovery means, and to aid your motivation:
Recovery means …
- You will have the brain space to think about things other than food and exercise. You are a creative and intelligent person (I know this because we all are, and we are genetically similar) and you have the brain capacity to do incredible things (if you want, if you don’t want you don’t have to. The difference is that you have the choice.).
- You will recreate the friendships that you might have lost due to this illness. Eating disorders are scary, so it is hard to make friends when you have one. Most of my friends ebbed away when I was ill, but I’ve made plenty of new friends since I recovered.
- You will heal whatever family rifs your ED has created. Eating disorders place great strain on families, but all that heals as you do. Honest.
- You will excel in whatever you choose to do, career or otherwise.
- Your senses will brighten. No kidding: Anorexia dampened my senses, so when I recovered the world will seemed a richer place.
- You will start sleeping well. When the body is starving many of us have trouble sleeping. My sleep has been phenomenal since I became weight restored.
- If you are a girl, your periods will come back. You can read my blog on this here.
- If you have suffered hair thinning, your hair will recover. Blog post on this here.
- The looping, obsessive thoughts will go away. The feeling of freedom that brings is indescribable.
- You will be able to go out for meals with friends and not feel stressed.
- You will be able to take a day/week/month off from exercise and not feel stressed.
- You will be able to go on holiday and relax rather than spend the entire time thinking obsessively about food.
- You will be able to eat all your favorite old foods again and not feel stressed or guilty.
- Your body will recover and become strong and healthy.
- You will love life. Seriously. I am not the sort for lovely-dovely crap, but you will love life again. You’ll laugh more.