What do I do as a recovery coach?
As I wrote in my book, Rehabilitate, Rewire, Recover! I believe that there are two fundamental aspects to recovery from a restrictive eating disorder as an adult:
– Nutritional Rehabilitation to get the body out of energy decifit
– Neural Rewiring to rewire the neural pathways of restriction and other disordered behaviours for mental freedom
As a recovery coach I hold you accountable to unrestricted eating and allowing your body to nutritionally rehabilitate so that you can physically recover. I will also help you identify neural pathways that require rewiring and develop tools for doing this.
I believe that full recovery is available for everyone. Including you!
Recovery from a restrictive eating disorder has to involve food and in most cases it has to involve weight gain. My primary focus is the elimination of restriction, eating disorder behaviours, and the subsequent weight restoration and supporting a person in whatever it is that they need in order to achieve full recovery. This means unrestricted eating, and not suppressing one’s natural, healthy, bodyweight.
I focus on the biology of how energy deficit leads into the activation of an eating disorder, and how malnutrition leads your body and brain to acting and thinking in the way that we associated with eating disorder behaviours. And … how unrestricted eating (responding to what the body is requesting of you via physical and mental hunger) leads to the return of a healthy mind and body.
$100* hourly rate for 1:1 coaching on:
- How to make your recovery work regardless of your situation
- Meal planning and scheduling
- Managing eating disorders
- Creating compliance with treatment
- Family dynamics
- Fear food challenging
- Troubleshooting obstacles to recovery (mental and physical)
- Mindfulness exercises
- Overcoming fear of eating
- Managing weight Gain anxiety
- Addressing triggers (and how to become trigger proof)
- Nutritional rehabilitation and weight restoration
- “Overshoot” and other recovery processes
- Exercise and compulsive covement
- Practices to eliminate eating disorder behaviors.
*Sliding scale available on request.